Blue Coast is excited to announce that we have expanded to a new location in Orange County, CA! Our new facility offers Newport Beach outpatient treatment to individuals who are either coming out of a detox/residential care center (such as the one we operate under New Start Recovery) or simply looking for outpatient help with a drug or alcohol addiction problem.
See photos of our Newport Beach outpatient office:
Newport Beach Outpatient Treatment
Location Phone Number: (855) 630-1462
Location Address: 4029 Westerly Pl #101, Newport Beach, CA 92660
Drug & Alcohol Addiction Rehab
We offer a comprehensive continuum of care that spans from acute detox to IOP (Intensive Outpatient Program). Our Newport Beach location focuses on outpatient treatment services including group and individual therapy, daily sober routine maintenance, crisis management, aftercare planning.
Our therapists and addiction counselors at Blue Coast Behavioral Health focus on evidence-based modalities that are proven to have statistically better long term outcomes. Although recovery from the disease of addiction is a personal choice that cannot be guaranteed by any third party, the choice to pursue recovery is more likely to sustain with an outpatient program.
Newport Beach Dual Diagnosis Care
Our new location in Newport Beach offers support for dual diagnosis. For those unfamiliar with the term, dual diagnosis describes the intersection of addiction with an underlying mood disorder. Common mood disorders present with symptoms that critically complicate the disease of addiction. Here are some examples of how some of the most common mood disorders present (note that an official diagnosis must be done by a licensed mental health professional):
- Clinical Depression (Major Depressive Disorder): sadness, loss of interest or pleasure in activities, hopelessness, agitation, excessive crying, irritability, social isolation, changes in appetite.
- Bipolar Disorder: cycles of elevated and depressed moods (mania/depression), mood swings, anger, apathy, euphoria, guilt, general discontent, hyperactivity, impulsivity, unwanted thoughts, lack of concentration, changes in sleep and/or appetite.
- Anxiety: hypervigilance, irritability, restlessness, racing thoughts, unwanted thoughts, excessive worry, fear, feeling of impending doom, insomnia, trembling.
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder): aggression, excitability, fidgeting, hyperactivity, lack of restraint, impulsivity, difficulty focusing, short attention span, possible learning disability.
- OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder): compulsive behavior, agitation, hoarding, impulsivity, repetitive movements or repeating words, ritualistic behavior, social isolation, repeatedly going over thoughts.
These various mood disorder symptoms are distressful enough on their own. Combined with a substance use disorder, they can fuel a vicious cycle trying to get clean but lacking the support or psychoeducation to properly address disturbed moods. Outpatient rehab provides the tools necessary to stop the cycle of addiction and help individuals address their mood disorders in healthier ways. One of the most important is psychiatric exercises that aid in addressing cravings, crisis situations, and other high risk scenarios.
If you or a loved one is seeking Newport Beach outpatient treatment, our counselors at Blue Coast Behavioral Health are available 24/7 by phone: 855-997-4702