Blue Coast Behavioral Health primarily offers outpatient services for addiction recovery treatment. The main aspects of our program include teaching recovery tools and psychotherapy as well as preparing men to live a clean and sober life after discharge.
Addiction Recovery Treatment at Blue Coast
Firstly, we offer dual diagnosis support in our addiction recovery treatment program. Dual diagnosis describes the combination of addiction (substance use disorder) in addition to a mental health problem. Mental health problems range from mood disorders such as depression and anxiety to personality disorders.
Addiction (Substance Use Disorder) Treatment
Typically most substance use disorders are treated along similar guidelines regardless of the drug of choice. Although the risks of each drug vary in detail, their effect on people’s lives are relatively similar in terms of interpersonal disruption and individual dysfunction. Read more about some of the substance use disorder issues we presently treat at Blue Coast:
- How Dangerous is Mixing Alcohol with Antidepressants?
- What Household Items Get You High?
- Alcohol Use Disorder
- Bath Salts Present Serious Dangers
- Cocaine Addiction Help is Available
- Fentanyl Addiction Severely Imperils Lives
- Hallucinogen Addiction
- Heroin Addiction and the Opioid Epidemic
- Methamphetamine Addiction is Treatable
- Prescription Drug Addiction
Mental Health Disorder Treatment
Dual diagnosis may include one or more mental health issue. The following shows a general list of the more common mental health disorders we help individuals with:
- Dual Diagnosis Help for Mental Illness and Addiction
- Matrix Model of Treatment: Structuring Addiction Therapy
- PHP Partial Hospitalization Program for Addiction Recovery
- Stages of Change in Addiction Treatment
- Depression Affects Quality of Life as a Mood Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder Features Manic and Depressive Episodes
- Anxiety Disorder May Require Professional Help
However the list above does not include all psychiatric disorders. The DSM-V (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition) specifically outlines the standards used in the United States for mental health disorders. It also includes a comprehensive section dedicated to substance use disorders. But it also outlines many other psychiatric disorders. Speaking broadly, mental health issues outside of substance use disorder typically classify as either a mood disorder or personality disorder.
The DSM-V also offers much in-depth information about various mood disorders. The mood disorders we commonly see in treatment include:
- Depressive Disorders
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorders
- Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders
- Dissociative Disorders
- Disruptive, Impulse-Control, and Conduct Disorders
Personality disorders, on the other hand, present more rarely than mood disorders. The DSM-V classifies 10 different personality disorders under three different clusters that share features with one another.
- A Cluster: Characterized by odd or eccentric behavior and often causes major disruptions in personal relationships. Cluster A includes paranoid, schizoid, and schizotypal personality disorders.
- B Cluster: Characterized by dramatic or erratic behaviors and tend to include very intense emotions. Cluster B includes antisocial, borderline, histrionic, and narcissistic personality disorders.
- C Cluster: Characterized by anxiety and/or fearfulness. Cluster C includes avoidant, dependent, and obsessive-compulsive personality disorder (which is not the same as OCD).
Med-Assisted TreatmentAsk Today 855-997-4702
Although we offer access to higher levels of psychiatric care, Blue Coast Behavioral Health primarily focuses on addiction recovery treatment. The dual diagnosis element simply adds another level of self-understanding for treatment planning. Additionally our counselors at Blue Coast are certified addiction counselors and have years of experience in the field. If you or someone you love need help for a substance abuse disorder, our addiction counselors are available 24/7 by phone for free case consultations: 855-997-4702